34th Bahya Kerala Conference
34th Bahya Kerala Diocese Youth & Family Conference
VENUE: AMLA, MP
28TH FRIDAY 5 P. M. TO 31ST MONDAY 1 P. M. OCTOBER 2016
THEME: SHOULD I NOT BE CONCERNED ( JONAH 4:11)
Bishop C V Mathew Thirumeni,
Bishop Thomas Abraham Thirumeni,
Dr. Chacko Thomas,
Rev. Dr. Augustine Koshy, Rev C P Markose.
Delegates & Leaders
Choir Team-Khanpur Parish
Opening Address by Most Rev. Dr. C V Mathew (Presiding Bishop)
BKD Conference had started with the opening address of Presiding Bishop Most Rev Dr C V Mathew at 5:30 p.m
Keynote Address by Bishop. Dr. Thomas Abraham
(Gist by Prof. John Zachariah)
1. Our God is concerned about the salvation of all, that they come to the knowledge of the Truth about Him.1 Tim.2:4.
After having such a knowledge of this great God, Jonathan Edward was instrumental in a revival in England.
2. Be sensitive to the need of others
– Jonah was angry with God for the withering of the tree (not made by him)
– But he was not concerned about the eternally perishing people of Nineveh, when God was concerned about His own creation.
We seldom cry over our friends and neighbors who die without the knowledge of Truth.
3.Jonah wanted the wicked Ninevites to be punished whereas God has no pleasure in the death of the wicked. Ezek.33:11
4. We must embark on diligent prayers.
God heard the prayers of
– the sailors
– Jonah in the belly of the fish
– the repented Ninevites
5% of 135 crores Indians only are Christians. Others are under the total reign of Satan. Should we not be concerned about these perishing without Christ?
A lady in New Jersey found it difficult to share the gospel with George Verwer. She could only pray for him. Her prayer was heard. God lead him to attend Billy Graham’s Convention in Pennsylvania which resulted in the conversion of George. The result was the worldwide movement of OM. Salvation of particular individual is as important as the repentance and salvation of a community.
“God does nothing but in answer to prayer”.
What’s done in faith and prayer only real and lasting; others are deceptive.